Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Beloved Navs Family

by Jefferson Tsai


Before I went to UP, I was very anxious because of the new challenges I’m going to face in a new school way far from home, also expecting a lot of adjustments on my part. One of the UP Alumni I asked regarding what it was like to be a student in UP was Kuya Sammy Lim. When I asked him what ministry he was involved in during his college life, he told me about the Navigators and referred me to Kuya Ram who then introduced me to the Navs family.

I was still unsure of what the University had to offer but I was glad that there is a Christian Community in campus. Time passed and I got my first taste of campus life. It was a big struggle, nevertheless God was still faithful and He kept on encouraging me to move on. With bad schedules, big adjustments and Kalai curfew, I wasn’t able to come to TNT meetings regularly at first. Other ministries have invited me too, but God put in my heart that I have to help out with the Navs and indeed by His grace, I was able to attend our meetings and activities in the ministry this year.

I have just been a witness to how God has been working in the campus ministry during the past year. There were a lot of struggles in the year 2006, struggles in leadership, unity, and commitment. It all pointed out to one thing and that is the utter need to acknowledge God and saying, “Lord, ikaw na po bahala sa plans namin.” And God has been very faithful and gracious. Never has He given up on the ministry and He continuously provides so much for us like the people, finances, wisdom, love, care, assurance, strength, and encouragement.

There are still things we can improve though, like coming early as well as praying for people we are going to invite. Jesus tells us in Luke 11: 9-10 that if we want something to happen, we can pray and ask Him even to the point of nagging so that He will give us what we want. But of course according to His time and purpose.

May we continue to entrust all our plans up to Him and serve faithfully in bringing God’s word to everyone we know. May we indeed share what we learn from our discussions and experiences so that people may know who our God is and how mighty He saves.

Jeff is now a 2nd year Chemical Engineering student. He is one of our one-man team because he's always on time while most of us are late...Hihi ;D

No comments: